The secret to having a superb time when swimming lies in owning a good pair of swimming goggles. The only challenge is that there is plenty of goggles out there.
So how do you determine which is the right one for your swimming needs? The following article offers a guide on how to get the best swimming goggles.
Having said that, what are some of the best swimming goggles?
Model UV Protection Anti-Fog Leak Proof Price Aegend Swim Goggles Yes Standard Yes Speedo Vanquisher 2.0
Yes Standard Yes COOLOO Swim Goggles Yes Standard Yes i-Sports Pro Yes Standard Yes Olympia Nation Yes Standard Yes Aqua Sphere Kayenne
Yes Premium Yes The Friendly Swede Yes Premium Yes Resurge Sports Yes Premium Yes Only U Swim Goggles
(Best For Beginners)
Yes Standard Yes Swimmaxt Swim Goggles Yes Standard Yes
1. Aegend No Leak Anti Fog Swimming Goggles
If you are searching for the ultimate underwater goggles the Aegend Anti-Fog Goggles will suffice. It comes in a broad spectrum of colors and boasts of impressive features.
For starters, it has a comfortably contoured silicone gasket that ensures a snug no-leak-fit onto your face.
The goggles further have a superior quality-built that contains UV Protected lenses, making them ideal for both indoor and outdoor swimming.
- The lenses have anti-fog properties
- The lenses are durable and shatterproof
- It has UV Protection
- The frames are No Leak
- It is flexible and has adjustable sizing
- The nose piece irritates some people
- The straps at times get tangled in the hair
2. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swim Goggles
Speedo is a renowned brand trusted by competitive swimmers and Olympians. It is therefore not a surprise if their Vanquisher 2.0 is one of the best swimming goggles.
Even though the goggles looks simple, it has winning features that make it the perfect equipment for competitions, training, and recreation.
For example, it comes in twelve different colors and has the anti-fog element as well as an exciting petite silicone eye seal.
The small seal reduces the amount of water drag and works with the double-headed strap to ensure a snug watertight fit. It also has the UV Protection feature to help you enjoy your competitive water sport both indoors and outdoors.
- Comes with four interchangeable nose pieces.
- It is PVC free
- It offers a snug, no-leak, low profile fit.
- The straps of the goggles feel cut-rate
- Some users claim it is not entirely watertight.
3. Coolo Swim Goggles
Admittedly getting two swim goggles in one package is indeed a deal sealer. Still, even without the bonus goggle, the Coolo goggles has more than enough features to hold its own.
For starters, its’ unique design makes it ideal for use by people of different sizes.
It has flexible head straps, extra ear plugs, and functional clips. All these make it possible for you to adjust it to suit the shape of your head.
Secondly, it has two lenses; a clear transparent lens, and an electroplated, UVA protected, lens. You can, therefore, enjoy indoor and outdoor swimming, without agonizing about UVA/UVB exposure.
Another plus of the Coloo lies in its double-layered soft durable and comfortable silicone gasket, which is resistant to scratches, wear and tear.
- Available in different shades.
- Two pairs in a single package is a grand bargain
- Has earplugs, and reliable UV Protection Lenses
- It is safe and comfortable to wear
- Has 180-degree anti-fog lenses that offer an undistorted peripheral underwater vision.
- Has a quick-release buckle.
- The nose piece seems tight.
- When underwater, the view gets slightly blurry.
4. I-Sports Pro I Swim Pro Goggles
If you are looking for a pair of swim goggles that offers fog-free, crystal-clear underwater vision, the I Swim Pro will suffice. This beauty has the cutting-edge anti-fog protection coating and anti-shatter lens design.
As a result, it gives remarkably clearly visions. With it on your face, you do not need to worry about bumping into someone else or against something.
When it comes to protecting the eyes against discomfort and red marks, the goggles guarantee a perfect cover. Thanks to its unique watertight gaskets, generously cushioned with silicone.
- Comes with free extras like earplugs, protective case, and high-quality nose clip
- Soft silicone gasket provides a new level of comfort around the eyes
- Crisp clear in and out of water vision
- Comes with a 100% money back guarantee
- There are a few cases of leaking
- The lenses tend to fog after a while.
With a name like Olympic Nation Crystal, you don’t expect anything but professional finesse in this swim goggle.
And it does not disappoint.
The pair has all the whistles and bells that guarantees an average swimmer the high-end features and functionalities enjoyed by professional swimmers.
The goggles are incredibly comfortable, and they fit nicely on the face, thanks to their well-coated silicone gasket and adjustable, sturdy strap.
The goggles further come with anti-fog coated lenses, which ensures satisfactory visibility both in and out of the water.
- It is affordable despite the incredible features
- It has an ultra-soft no-leak seal for increased comfort
- It allows a snug fit thanks to the single adjustable strap and silicone coated gasket.
- At times the wearer experiences double vision.
- The nose piece seems feeble.
6. Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swim Goggles
If you are in search of swimming goggles that have a fantastic expanded vision, you will love the Aqua Sphere. It is easy to use and offers superb features to satisfy the needs of an avid competitive swimmer.
For instance, the goggles have a curved lens design, to give a broader degree of vision. If you are into competitive swimming, such a feature will help you monitor your rivals in the neighboring lanes. The Aqua Sphere also features a quick-fit push buckle and a sturdy adjustable strap.
All these ensure that you do not waste time struggling to wear it.
- It is comfortable to wear and adjust thanks to the quick fit push buckle
- It offers an expanded vision range
- It has anti-fog lenses for improved vision
- The vision underwater becomes blurry after some time.
- With the passage of time, the goggles begin to leak.
7. The Friendly Swede Swim Goggles
The Friendly Swede goggles come in two, meaning that you receive double the offer. The makers of the swimwear outdid itself to ensure that the goggles are high-quality.
For starters, despite being non-mirrored, the lenses have amazing anti-fog qualities.
It is also incredibly resistant to scratches and offers an extensive angled view to the wearer, making it the perfect choice for either indoor or outdoor underwater escapades.
When swimming in the Friendly Swede, you do not need to worry about your eyes or nose getting a beating from the rough water.
The goggles have a well-fitting silicone gasket, which forms a comfortable, watertight seal around the nose and eyes.
- Has a high-quality solid construction
- Comes in a double set, which is a good bargain
- It gives an extended wide-angled paranoiac vision.
- It offers a secure, watertight seal for the eyes and nose.
- It is latex free, hence ideal for latex-sensitive swimmers.
- They start fogging after several uses
- They are prone to leaking if mishandled.
8. Resurge Sports Swimming Goggles
If you are fed up of buying swimming goggles that fall off, whose snaps break each time you step up to the block, or goggles that leak when you are in the middle of a competitive race, consider buying this Resurge Sports swimming goggles.
You won’t be disappointed.
The glasses have all the traits needed for competitive swimming. These include a bungee cord strap and a shatter-proof wide angled lens.
The lens helps to keep track of your competition, while the belt provides a durable and flexible solution to fit the goggles onto your head securely. The Resurge Sports goggles also include a soft silicone coated gasket and a nose bridge that has three interchangeable pieces.
- It is fog-proof
- Comes in an assortment of colors
- Wearable by men, women, and children
- Has a sturdy bungee cord strap
- It is unsuitable for children below ten years
- Over time it becomes prone to scratches
9. Only U Swimming Goggles
It is not easy to incorporate style, functionality, and practicability all in one swimming goggle. Surprisingly, the Only U swimming goggles, does precisely that. It has an impressive design made from high-quality silicone, TPU, and PC material that are UV stable.
As a result, the goggles offer an unmatched comfortable and incredibly relaxing swimming experience.
Moreover, the lenses are UV resistant and have an excellent anti-fogging ability. Its frame is also sturdy and firm.
The sealing around the eyes is likewise secure and watertight, meaning your eyes will always be safe from water and sunlight.
- Has features that lessen the pressure on the eyes.
- Has an anti-shattering lens
- Offers 100% UV protection
- Has a secure quick release/lock buckle
- Offers clear eye vision and protection
- Long-term use reduces the anti-fogging ability
- The glass is not scratch resistant.
10. Swimmaxt Swim Goggles
Picture a swimming goggle that grants broader and clear HD quality vision. That is precisely what the Swimmaxt does.
It has panoramic lenses that guarantee crystal clear underwater vision.
These lenses are shatter-proof and anti-fog, to ensure that even the harshest conditions do not affect your view. The gasket of the Swimmaxt is ultra- soft, and flexible enough to adjust to the contours of the wearer’s face.
As a result, it creates the perfect no-leak seal. Lastly, the goggles are body-friendly since they are bacteria resistant, and 100% PVC and latex free.
- Has a super soft 3D memory silicone gasket
- The gasket is malleable and conforms to the wearer’s face.
- Offers HD clear quality vision even in harsh settings
- It is skin friendly
- Not suitable for kids
- The nose piece is weak and breaks easily.
Type of Swimming Goggles
Swimming goggles are not all created equal. Some are meant for competitions, while others are ideal for recreational, or training purposes. The quickest way for you to find the perfect piece, therefore, is by matching your goggles to your goals.
The lens is a must consideration. After all, it is what helps you see underwater. Decide whether you want goggles with metallic lenses, clear lenses, dark-colored lenses, or prescription lenses. Whichever lens type you select, ensure that it is durable, shatter-proof, and transparent enough for you to see through.
If you plan to swim outdoors, go for goggles that have the UV Protection feature. Otherwise, you will have a hard time as the sun will keep irritating your eyes. In most cases, the metallic type will suffice.
A shared concern among swimmers is how to keep their goggles free from fog. Foggy glasses are difficult to see through. For this reason, take the time to ascertain whether your goggles have an anti-fog feature.
When swimming, the last thing on your mind should be worries about the goggles coming off or dropping in the water. The goggles should have a strap that secures it comfortably onto your face. The belt should also be flexible enough for you to adjust it to suit your needs.
The comfort or discomfort of your goggles depends mostly on its gasket. Ensure that your spectacle has a silicone gasket. Silicone gaskets are incredibly comfy, and conforms to the shape of your face, to form the perfect seal.