Perhaps you have heard the importance of keeping your body adequately hydrated. Just like food and air, water is essential for the proper functioning of your body organs. While you are more likely to drink plenty of water when you stay at home, the contrary is also true. If you spend or are planning to spend more time outdoors, then it is prudent to carry enough water with you. How you do this, is by getting the best water bottle. Following is a review of the best bottles and a buying guide.
What to Consider When Buying a Water Bottle
The capacity of the bottle determines how much water you can carry. And so depending on the activity, you are involved in and your preferences, you can choose from 500ml all the way to 2 liters.
Water bottles are either made from stainless steel and aluminum or plastic. The former is best if you are involved in vigorous sports that require sturdiness of the bottle for durability and thermal properties. The plastic ones are for light sports. Look for a material that is BPA free as it is a health concern.
The shape of the bottle is important as it should fit precisely on any standard bottle cage for both cyclists and motorists. Running bottles should be slim and ergonomic for better holding.
An insulated bottle is double walled with a vacuum or foam middle layer to help keep the water cold and hot accordingly for a longer time. As such they are ideal when the weather is cold, and you need to keep your drink hot and vice versa.
If you only need a water bottle to hold drinking water, then transparency is not an issue. However, in the event you may regularly want to mix sports powders, then you should go for the transparent one as it allows a clear vision of the content.
Best Water Bottles Reviews 2018
|Hydro Flask Water Bottle||2.9 x 2.9 x 8.1 -|
4.7 x 4.7 x 10
|Camelbak Chute Water Bottle||4 x 3.5 x 10||0.37||32|
|Embrava Water Bottle||3 x 3 x 11||0.41||32|
|Nalgene Tritan Water Bottle||3.5 x 3.5 x 10.4||0.38||32|
|Fruit Infuser Water Bottle||3 x 3 x 9||0.5||25|
|Simple Modern Water Bottle||0.6-4. 5||10-84|
|Camelbak Eddy Kids Water Bottle||7.5 x 4 x 2.9||0.31||12|
|Contigo AUTOSEAL Water Bottle||2.8 x 3.6 x 10.2||0.35||24|
|Polar Insulated Water Bottle|
|2 x 2 x 9.8||0.25||24|
When it comes to convenience, the Hydro flask tops the list. It has excellent thermal properties that will keep your drink in whatever condition you want both hot and cold for long thanks to its TempShield insulation technology and the double walls.
Besides having a high capacity to carry enough water to last you the whole day, its size is convenient to carry around.
Compatibility with both hydro flip and hydro straw lids as well as a sweat-free powder coating adds to its convenience.
- Makes use of vacuum insulation that provides consistent temperatures hence cold water stays cold for up to 24 hours and hot water for 6 hours.
- Has a wide mouth gape allowing for comfortable adding of ice cubes.
- Safe to use as it is made of high-quality stainless steel and plastics that are non-toxic as well as BPA free.
- The outer coating is made of powder for a firm grip.
- Very durable.
- Considerably expensive.
- Not safe to wash in a dishwasher.
- Heavy due to the double-wall insulation.
This stylish bottle was only designed with ease of use in mind. It features a handle that allows for the comfortable carrying of the full bottle with just two fingers.
To prevent the spout cap from getting in your way when taking the water, it is designed to snap into the handle. And a half turn of the cap gives easy access to the drink.
The fact that it is toxins and BPA free means your health is well taken care of.
- It holds plenty of water up to 32 oz.
- The bottle feels sturdy.
- An angled spout for ergonomic drink interface.
- Has a comfortable handle which makes it easy to carry around.
- It is too wide to fit in a car’s cup holder.
- Not easy to clean as it is too tall and narrow.
The Embrava is an eco-friendly bottle guaranteeing health safety thanks to the BPA and toxins free materials it is made of. While it is excellent for any activity, but it is best fitted for sports activities.
Its ergonomic shape allows for convenient and firm grip.
Besides having a lanyard that keeps it secure and comfortable to carry around, it also fits perfectly in cup holders and bike mounts. It also comes with a free “hydration for athletes” guide.
- It fits well in cup holders and bike mounts.
- Features a design that is leak and dust proof.
- It comes with a safety lock lid to prevent leakages.
- The drinking spout allows for a fast flow of water.
- A durable lanyard makes it easy to carry around.
- Not safe to wash in a dishwasher.
- The air hole above the drinking spout causes unnecessary water spillage.
The Nalgene water bottle beside being attractive is also transparent. Transparency comes in handy especially if you want to keep tabs with the level of your water or if you want to mix some sports powders.
Also, it is graduated for easy measurements which adds to its convenience. Fear of possible leaking should not bother you as far as this bottle concerned.
- Very durable hence great for both outdoors and indoors activities.
- It is BPA free and made from the finest materials of plastics and metals.
- The design is stylish and attractive.
- Has a loop-top to prevent the loss of the cap.
- Calibrated for easy measuring.
- A wide mouth gape makes adding of ice cubes easy and so is cleaning.
- It is too wide to fit in an average cup holder.
- The wide mouth gape makes drinking water from the bottle uncomfortable.
If adding flavors to your water will keep you well hydrated, then let it be. The Great Gear fruit infuser bottle is what you need. This bottle allows for easy infusing with a half-filled sleeve lasting for 2-3 refills enough to keep you hydrated for the whole day.
To ensure tour precious water is not lost through leaking, it comes with a locking lid.
- Safe to use as it provides a firm grip.
- A locking lid ensures it is leak proof.
- It is durable and sturdy.
- Easy infusing as you can refill it 3-4 times in a day with the same fruit.
- It saves you money otherwise would be used to buy expensive fruit flavored bottled beverages.
- Fruits clog the spout making it difficult to drink.
- It may result in over drinking water due to the flavor which can be detrimental to your health.
The Simple Modern bottle takes insulation to the next level by adding copper lining to the vacuum and double wall insulation. Hence, your drink will be kept either hot or cold for a longer time.
Also, it does not sweat and offers firm grip thanks to the powder coating. Although it is not dishwasher safer, the wide mouth gape allows for easy cleaning and so is pouring of water.
- It is vacuum sealed and insulated with copper to keep cold water cold and hot water hot for extended periods.
- Comes with two interchangeable lids for maximum convenience.
- Lightweight hence easy to carry around even when filled with water.
- Comes with sizes that fit average cup holders.
- A powdered outer coating for firm grip hence ergonomic.
- Not safe in a dishwasher.
- The wide mouth gape makes it difficult to drink from the bottle.
Any kid will fall in love with Camelbak Eddy water bottle as it is colorfully designed and attractive. The graphics on the bottle will be fun for you kid and so is the big bite valve that allows for comfortable and easy sipping of drinks from it.
And since you cannot control how often your kid drops the bottle, it is designed to be spill resistant hence value for your money.
- It is BPA free hence guaranteed health safety for your kids.
- Features a redesigned cap with a big bite valve for faster water flow.
- Made of high quality and durable materials.
- The bite valve makes it easy for kids to use the bottle while effectively limiting drips and spills.
- It is prone to leakages.
- Prone to breakage if it is continuously dropped down.
- The sucker straw keeps blocking which is annoying a kid.
The selling point of the Contigo is its AUTOSEAL lid that guarantees no leaks or spillage of water. It is also transparent which means you can monitor your drink levels and mix sports powders without straining.
The bottle is classy as well and fits perfectly in most cup holders. And the ergonomic design makes it comfortable to hold and carry around. Even though it is dishwasher safer, its wide mouth gape allows for easy washing as well as adding of ice cubes.
- An auto seat lid ensures the bottle is leak proof.
- It has a wide spout hence easy to add ice cubes and clean.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- BPA free guaranteeing your health safety.
- The design fits in most cup holders.
- It breaks easily even on a small fall especially the cap.
- Somehow some units leak.
The Polar Bottle is stylish and by far the most ergonomic thanks to its design. A removable strap offers extra carrying convenience. Even though it is made of lightweight materials, quality is not compromised.
It also boasts of superior thermal properties which means your drinks will remain hot or cold twice long compared to other bottles.
- Offers ultimate thermal insulation thanks to its double wall construction and foil layers that reflect solar rays.
- It is both dishwasher and freezer safe.
- Constructed of lightweight material but durable.
- It is a sports and bike bottle as it is easy to carry around and fits well in mounts and cup holders.
- It requires a lot of strength to fasten the cap to prevent leakages but still it leaks.
- The wide mouth gape makes it difficult to drink from.
Choosing a great water bottle that meets all your preferences can be tasking. However, the above review will help you select the right one and start a healthy and hydrated lifestyle wherever you go. Choose any of the above bottles and drink your way to better health.